|Connecting With Others
|Learning Something New
Join THE GOOD ENERGY MOVEMENT
GoNoodle® engages and inspires millions of kids every month to channel their boundless energy–getting them up, moving and becoming more mindful. Created by child development experts, you can join for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are!
We would recommend looking at the following channels within GoNoodle;
|All The Feels
|Think About It
|Calm Exercise Cards
|Draw Your Feelings
|The Squiggle Game
Write the word CALM as large as possible and let your child colour in the word.
They can add pictures of things that help them feel calm. Let them use calming colours - anything to create an image of calm. Tell children to stare at the picture and see how calm they can feel. Then ask them to close their eyes and make the picture very small - like a postage stamp. Tell children they can keep this little picture anywhere they like in their body - heart, head, palm. Whenever they are feeling stressed and anxious, they can look at their calm picture and feel calm.
Make up a calm box so you always have something to help you feel cool and calm.
Find a box and put things that make you feel calm like a cool pebble, a feather, a stress ball, a cuddly toy and your calm cards.
|Continuous Line Drawing
The Wheel of Well-being
1. Be Active... Go for a walk or run, step outside, cycle, play a game or dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity that you enjoy; one that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
2. Keep Learning... Try something new; rediscover an old interest, sign up for that course, take on a different responsibility at work, learn to play an instrument or how to cook your favourite food.
3. Give... Do something nice for a friend or a stranger. Thank someone and smile. Volunteer your time or join a community group. Look out, as well as in. Seeing yourself and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding and will create connections with the people around you.
4. Connect... With the people around you. With family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support and enrich you every day.
5. Take notice... Be curious, catch sight of the beautiful around you, notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment! Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you.
6. Care for the planet... Look after your community and the world. Make small changes to your life and that will reduce your energy use, recycle more, leave the car at home, use low energy light bulbs, small steps to a greener life can make a difference.
You can find out more about the 6 ways to wellbeing by visiting:
|Worksheets - Breathing Exercises for Kids
|Belly Breathing with Sesame Street
|Five Finger Breathing